People who are foodies know the plight of giving up their food when they start dieting. One such food item that is very difficult to resist and give up easily. What if I told you that it is possible to eat pizza without disturbing your diet much? Don’t believe me? Keep reading and find out how.
Can I Eat Pizza While On a Diet?
So when you are dieting the most important thing is to cut off the calories and carbs to keep your daily calories in the count. There are many ways in which you can eat pizza and still keeping calories in the range. You can try the following steps:
If you are craving for a pizza badly instead of going to a restaurant to get it delivered or do a takeaway. Try and order while you are with a group or some friends. Now it is the most important thing to do next, make sure you are just taking two slices of the pizza. Every slice of a regular 14-inch pizza has up to 300 calories. For keeping the carbohydrates and calories in the range does not exceed the limit of eating two slices at a time.
It is very common to have a soda while having a pizza. Cutting down on the slices of pizza will also cut down the soda intake. Soda is also not good for health as it contains a large amount of sugar content in it. Try and avoid drinking soda if possible. If you are not able to resist it entirely have the little amount of it.
Make sure that you are not ordering a pizza with extra cheese or cheese burst. Adding more cheese enhances the taste but increases the calories intake as well.
All these were some steps to follow if you are ordering a pizza or eating out. There is one more way to satiate your pizza craving without burning a hole in your pocket and preventing the higher calorie intake. The method by which you could do is by making a pizza at home. For making a low calorie and healthy pizza check out the following steps:
- Homemade pizza is a good choice if you are on a diet because you can customise the toppings. You can opt for the healthy toppings, add pieces of tofu, paneer or chicken to help you in getting the protein. Boiled corn, capsicum, tomatoes, etc. are the topping that you can pair your protein source with.
- Instead of going for a regular pizza base try and look out for the thin crust. As the bread of the pizza has carbohydrates, it adds to calories. Thin crust is a better choice than regular pizza base.
- As we all know everyone needs something to pair with the pizza then instead of going for a soda, you can try flavoured iced tea. Make sure that the ice doesn’t have much sugar so that it helps you in maintaining the calorie count for the day.
- You can also use olive oil and herbs as dressings for the toppings. There are many low calories sauces available in the market that can be used as a substitute for the normal pizza sauce. These low calories sauces are generally free of fats so it is good to use such sauces instead of a pizza sauce.
- You can also make baby pizzas at home as there is a mini pizza base available in the market. In this way, you will be able to enjoy pizza without eating pizza too much.
I hope this article helped you in finding ways to eat pizza while dieting. Remember that cutting down on unhealthy things such as soda, breadsticks that we order along with a pizza will help in cutting down the calorie intake. There are also some recipes available online that you can use to make healthy pizzas at home. Now whoever says that you can’t have a pizza while dieting tell them how it can be done!